Feb 22 2015
In 1956 Carrozzeria Ghia manufactured two almost identical Mercedes-Benz, chassis w186, 300C on behalf of the King of Saudi Arabia, Ibn Saud. One year later those two cars were completed.
- engine number: 188920-55.00020
- chassis number: 188010-55.00016
- building number: 188010-55.00005.
- A four-door convertible 300c “Allungata”
- A four-doors closed sedan named 300c Sedan “Allungata”.
The upper door panels of the convertible had been covered with black leather, those of the Berlina contrast with white leather. In the car with a convertible top (vettura as parata) is a bandwagon talk.
The Berlina version of King Ibn Saud Mercedes-Benz 300c is now re-entering in collectors hands. Described in the car book, it seemed that is was in the temporary possession of living in California racing driver Peter Boyd but now 300c Berlina “Allungata” has returned to Italy.